Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register, or complete the registration form on the course information page. We will contact you to complete the registration process.
We currently accept payment by e-transfer.
All participants must sign our waiver and complete our medical form prior to attending training. These forms will be sent to you two weeks before your course date. You must pre-read and accept the waiver electronically as part of your registration process.
We understand that life happens! If you need to cancel your registration in a course, please refer to our policies below:
For Paddle Canada Basic and Level 1 courses:
- Cancellations sent to us by email at least three days (72 hours) before the course start time are eligible for a full refund, minus a $40 administration fee. Alternately, we can transfer your registration to another available course at no charge.
- Cancellations received less than 72 hours before the course start time are not eligible for a refund. We are happy to transfer your registration to another available course at no charge.
For our Women on Water Weekends:
- Cancellations sent to us by email at least one month (30 days) before the course start date are eligible for a full refund, minus a $40 administration fee.
- Cancellations received less than one month (30 days) prior to the course start date are not eligible for a refund, unless we can find another student to take your seat.
For Paddling Club clinics (Nanaimo Paddlers and South Island Sea Kayaking Association):
- We cannot offer refunds on sold clinic spots, unless there is someone on our waitlist who wishes to fill the spot, or unless you can find another member of the Nanaimo Paddlers or South Island Sea Kayaking Association to fill your spot.
If we cancel a course, you receive a full refund.
Courses and clinics offered for other organizations, such as paddling clubs, may have a different Cancellation Policy than the one stated here.
All courses are subject to cancellation due to weather conditions. Weather may sometimes appear calm on shore or at your home location, but on-water conditions at our launch points may not be suitable for the level of instruction required by your course.
We make every effort to relocate courses affected by weather disruption, in order to run the courses on the originally scheduled dates. We have a few different locations in the Nanaimo area that we can work from!
If it is not safe to run the course at any of our locations, we will reschedule the course and/or offer students the option of a full refund or transfer to another available course date.
We cannot compensate students for the costs of travel, accommodation or other expenses related to courses cancelled due to weather. We suggest that students who travel from off-Island purchase trip cancellation insurance to cover such potential losses.